Tuesday, April 26, 2005

parentheses

what is it that you are trying to accomplish?

everything is a front page headline,

i can’t see when headlights shine in my eyes.

how do you feel about other people?

my scalp. my eyes can’t figure out what kind

of robot this is. where i’ve seen it before.

a baseball bat in the trunk of every car.

in the corner of every room

where do you live?

a terrace laced with philodendrons. a dungeon.

a wig made of chains. a wristwatch. staring at the sun.

fences. i’m holding my breath.

what will you do?

make a paper airplane. open the window. scribble

something on my skin. triangulate. tie my shoes.

reappear. scrape. fallow. steam.

who do you love?

parabola. houdini. you know when it’s so hot

that the air wiggles? the loudest noise in the room.

a firm handshake. the linked fingers that catch me.

ripcord. hotbreath. wallet.

how old are you?

i can run three miles without stopping. probably

four. in love with the desert again. hair on every

part of the body. custom fit boxes for everything.

larynx. studio. drunkenly, i stumble and fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home